Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Nine days ago I underwent an ankle replacement. The surgery itself was "unremarkable" in that it went well, resulted in relatively little pain, and should produce an excellent result--in several weeks.
But the rehab period is something else! This quilter mom is on bed rest with her right foot elevated above her heart (nose to toes). Moreover, there is to be NO weight bearing on that right foot for the next several weeks.
BUMMER!

Well, it is really not THAT bad. I can use my knee scooter to get me to the family room where I eat the meal Jerry prepares for me and watch TV--"Jeopardy" and the News. But there is a lot of learning and reflection time here!

For the next several days I plan to use this spot to "ruminate" and reflect on this experience. For now I am going to post this and check my e-mai. You see, I am ensconced in the library on one of the bunk beds. I have my lap top here with me as well as a great many other pieces of "stuff" to ease my time. I am sure that by the end of this "rehab" I will have constructed quite a cozy little nest--the operative words are little and nest!

I will sign off now, consider that I now have access to it (that in itself is a story!) and come back later--maybe even with a picture!

No comments: